Not getting enough sleep is a common complaint, especially as we age. Sleep aids abound in the marketplace; however, they frequently have undesirable side effects. Scientists and doctors affirm that sleep is vital for our health and well-being, even more than exercise and eating right. So what can you do? The answers can be found by studying both current neuroscientific research on sleep and ancient yogic wisdom.
In this 3-hour workshop, we will explore:
- The neurobiology of sleep and what we now know about the value and purpose of a good night’s rest
- A yogic understanding of insomnia and its cause within the body
- Small lifestyle changes that can have a profound impact on sleep
- Meditation and breathing practices for calming your nervous system
- Gentle, restorative movements to promote relaxation before bed
- Strategies for managing energy throughout the day aimed at preparing you for a restful night’s sleep
The workshop will culminate in gentle, restorative practice designed to leave you feeling relaxed and renewed. Please join me for this informational workshop of tools and strategies to help you get a good night’s rest.